What is the one thing you’ve always wanted from Sage 100 ERP but thought it was impossible or that it would be too expensive?
One of the most powerful new features in Sage 100 (fka MAS 90 and MAS 200) is the ability to create customizations with Sage 100 without modifying source code. This provides two important benefits:
- The opportunity to add functionality to Sage 100 that would have been impossible in older versions.
- A process to create these customizations at a much more reasonable price than traditional source code modifications both upfront and in the long-term since these customizations are designed to follow upgrades and to not need rewrites for those upgrades.
We have used the customization capabilities to solve a wide range of issues for our customers. Some examples are:
- Needed the Payroll employee name/number cleared in Bank Reconciliation because the person reconciling the bank wasn’t privy to payroll information.
- Create Purchase Orders to “on demand” vendors based on Sales Orders entered to achieve a much closer Just-in-Time inventory.
- Create if/then logic on various data entry screens.
- Create custom Cash Receipts import based on file from customers.
- Create custom security options. Grant/deny access to specific screens, customers, vendors, and inventory items.
- Disallow access to a Sales Order if it has already been printed.
- Calculate Landed Cost Duty in Purchase Order receipt of goods based on a percentage of the item’s cost.
- Make certain fields mandatory that aren’t mandatory be default.
This is only a short list of what can be accomplished with the customization tools. What would you like for Sage 100 to do for you?