Sage MAS 90 and 200 Product Roadmap
As you know from my article posted on February 12, Sage is in the process of delivering the major release of MAS90/MAS 200 Version 4.4. This new release adds value for Sage customers with new time-saving features and enhancements, especially in the Inventory Management, Purchase Order and Bill of Materials modules.
It is never to early, though, to ask “what’s next?” In answer to our questions, Sage has released a public ‘roadmap’ (MAS 90 MAS 200 Roadmap) for the MAS 90/MAS 200 product line. This roadmap outlines Sage’s future plans for MAS 90/MAS 200. I’ll summarize a few key points below.
- Product Strategy: Sage wants to provide more ‘value for maintenance,’ which will include incorporating features and functionality of popular Extended Solution titles, implementing top requested customer enhancements and providing ongoing product updates with minimal disruption. The idea is to release new features & functionality over time with product updates, rather than waiting for a “major” upgrade.
- Microsoft SQL Server Support
- New financial reporting alternative: Business Insights Intelligence. FRx will be supported by Microsoft until December 31, 2012 and Sage is targeting Quarter 2, 2010 for this new reporting tool in a familiar Microsoft Excel interface.
Following is a general timeline for Sage MAS 90/MAS 200 product updates.
- Product Updates for Version 4.4 (March, June, September, December 2010 and March 2011)
- Version 4.5 (Quarter 3, 2011)
- Product Updates for Version 4.5 (September, December 2011 and April 2012)
- Version 4.6 (Quarter 3, 2012)
In addition, Sage has announced the following Product Retirement Schedule.
- Sage MAS 90 and MAS 200 Version 3.71: September 30, 2010
- Sage MAS 200 SQL Edition Version 3.7x: June 1, 2011
- Sage MAS 90 and MAS 200 Versions 4.0, 4.5 and 4.1: September 30, 2011
Visit the Sage roadmap (MAS 90 MAS 200 Roadmap) for specific details on what’s included in the Product Updates and new versions. And, as always, feel free to contact us if you have any questions!